Many people ask why should they buy photos at all or why should they prefer
photo over painting. This article covers above topics as I understand them.
I have several thoughts on the topic and so I'm going to go one by one, expanding different aspects of them. I'm going to compare photographies to paintings and other similar kinds of art. This is only because they are pretty similar (colorful rectangle on the wall) and I like paintings myself :)
1. This is because paintings are more demanding for the light and the location.
2. WYSIWYG. In other words - What You See Is What You Get. Your ability to react, to foresee greatly affects the result. But still there is a random-factor as the world is constantly changing.
When photographer captures an image, you see more of the real world. Of course, it contains a big part of photographer's vision and luck, but not only that.
4. If something goes wrong, you can always replace it. You cannot replace original painting - if mold east it, its gone forever. If something happens to the photo, you can get exactly same (well, maybe with minor differences according to printer) original photo. Photos are literally eternal.
5. I am not saying Painting as an art is out of date. No, any art is always actual. But Photography is just more modern. There is also "Contemporary art", but that is for those lovers, who understand it. Photography is for the masses, everyone will understand beautiful landscape or dramatic seascape.
6. You can always ask photographer to cut a bit, to make different format, to print bigger or smaller, even to make several samples to try in different frames. You cannot do that with paintings. Also, same sizes are usually less expensive.
7. Also, see point 4. Photogrpahy is more practical and can be replaced.
8. While paintings disturb your imagination, photos are part of your memories, or even "future memories", which means they show places you want to visit [again]. They still can disturb your imagination.
9. Do you want something original, not a reproduction? Every print is original!
10. If you like canvases so much you cannot help yourself, photos can now be printed on canvases, making painting-like works, while still having all above advantages.
11. The most important point. Many people think that due to the time spent working paintings are more valuable and hard to make. And everyone now has a photo camera and can snap something good.
This is not absolutely correct. Lots of amatuers make it even harder to make something that stands out, that is far beyond average amatuer. This devalues photography and make rivalry at the same time.
Also, landscape photogrpahy is a combination of weather conditions and photographer's vision. I can go to the same place over and over, waiting for the certain weather, to make the shot I want. I will describe how I go to shoot in a separate article. It may be as time-consuming as making a painting :)
So, we have to prefer a photo, they are:
1. The photos fit your interior perfectly.
2. Photo is "alive".
3. Photography is connected with the reality.
4. Photo is practical.
5. Photography is modern.
6. Photo is flexible.
7. Photo material is enduring.
8. Photos bring memories and dreams.
9. Every photo is original.
10. Photo can be printed on canvas.
11. Photo requires lots of dedication.
Any doubts left? :)
Welcome to the Gallery!
Please use plain text. All html tags will be removed.
1. Isome (11.03.2012 16:58:23) :
He watches. Black wings fdoled along his back, rustling as he hops from one foot to another. There, on the ground, in front of the yellow place, something glints. Shiny. Bright. He wants it. A wind brushes past him. The rusty gutter under his claws squeaks. A door closes, a car starts, a dog barks. He watches.Bright. Shiny. He must have it! But there, in the grass by the fence, there. See? Long tail, twitching. Whiskers, moving. It watches him. It watches and hungers and taps its tabby paws against the ground, waiting. He watches it, it watches him. He looks back to the shiny thing.It's gone! No the wind whooshes past again and there it is, shiny, bright. He will put it in his nest with his other shiny things. His mate will be pleased. Pleased by this new shiny treasure, pleased that it is theirs. Theirs. But see that tail, still twitching in the grass, waiting for him. Waiting. It will pounce, it pounced before. Pounced when he was busy preening his feathers, preening for his mate, who likes bright shiny things. Who likes his feathers to be bright and shining, clean and tidy. It pounced, and there went three beautiful bright shiny tail feathers, gone! It took his feathers, and he flew back to his nest and his mate was not pleased, not pleased. He must not lose more feathers. He must not be caught! But he must have this bright shiny object, bright things for his bright nest and his shining mate. He must have it!He watches, ruffles his feathers. The wind whispers past once more. A siren in the distance, another closing door, a lawnmower. The tail in the grass twitches lazily, waiting. He watches. He ruffles his feather and he watches.And then, he swoops.
2. Induttzeque (16.03.2012 04:10:21) :